Monday, October 18, 2010

New Cookbook Love

There is something about fall that makes me want to make soup and bake bread.  Yum!!!  Last year I fell in love with Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day.  This fall, I decided to keep the same theme (after all, with 4 kiddos I rarely have time to knead bread right now!) and try their new book, Healthy Bread in 5 minutes a day. Wow.  This book has some amazing sounding recipes!!!
As I bake them, I'll give my 2 cents to save you trouble, or tempt you to try the book.  Right now I have a red wine and cheese dough in my fridge and a Soft Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread dough.  I have their Apple Strudel bread rising in the pan on the stove as we speak.  That will be taste tested tonight and served for breakfast in the morning.  I used the Soft Whole Wheat Sandwich Bread dough and Granny Smith apples to make it.  My husband walked in as I was rolling up the goodness and he said, "What are you making, that looks amazing!"  Just wait until it's done...
Later this week I'll be trying the Volkorn Bread and maybe the Chocolate Espresso bread...  we'll see. So many options, and variations.  I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment