Monday, May 17, 2010

coming to a school near you?

This is one of those days I dread as a homeschool mom.  When attitudes and the weather align to make school miserable.  Today has been particularly frustrating.  It has now been about 5 hours since our homeschool day began.  And we have very little to show for it.  I am ready to throw in the towel.
I know these days come and go rather quickly and that I need to look at the big picture, but really.  Is there a reason we switch from "math is easy!" to "i don't know how to add 2"  AHHHHHHHH!
At times like this I wonder if homeschooling my daughter is really fair to my boys.  Instead of going to parks and the zoo and long walks, we are stuck at home with a sulky 7 year old who refuses to count.  The temptation is certainly strong to send her to school and be done with it.  At least then my days would be in my control.
Then again, when I consider the reasons I'm homeschooling to begin with I know that this is worth it in the long run.  If only there was a way to avoid these outbreaks.
She is ever closer to coming to a school near you....

No comments:

Post a Comment