Friday, May 14, 2010

Total Bliss

I am in a completely zen-like state at the moment, spoiled only temporarily by the couple that decided to join me on the patio and light up.  I'm now inside :( but still sitting in the beautiful sunshine).  As you may know, we had a baby scare earlier this week.  I am happy to announce that everything seems to be fine again.  The baby is still kicking - even more so now - and I am feeling much better.  I definitely am learning to redefine my limits and my expectations.
I have to thank my in-laws for taking my three kiddos for the past few days.  I was actually able to rest and sleep.  After sleeping nearly the whole day (literally from the time I got back home from my morning class until about an hour before my evening class... with a slight break in between to scarf down some food...) and the whole night (unheard of!) I awoke feeling relaxed and alive.  I have energy.  No, wait, that doesn't seem right.  I HAVE ENERGY!!!!!!  Much better.
The morning was spent seeking garage sale treasures.  Wow did I ever strike gold!  My car is full and my husband is going to pick up the piece of furniture I purchased later this evening.  I finally went to the gym (first time going just for me in months) and lifted weights.  I feel amazing!  I don't really feel as though I worked out, but still had enough gawkers to know that I was performing at my normal level, just cutting the workout down a little.  I'm now enjoying my decaf caramel light frappaccino and rest... mmmm....

So, moms out there, when was the last time you took a moment for yourself.  Heck, how about a whole day?  I am ready to tackle my kids again and life head on.  I feel as though I went to a special spa the past two days.  I do wonder, though, if I would feel guilty if I wasn't preggers.  I suppose it doesn't matter.  I am and I don't!  I'd love to repay this amazing favor.  So moms, if you need someone to watch your kiddos for a few hours of peace, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment