Sunday, June 6, 2010

my mouth is watering!

Yes!  One of my favorite things to do in the summer starts tomorrow!!!  If you haven't been strawberry picking with your kids, you are in for a very sticky, messy treat.  I love Carandale farms and their pick your own strawberries start on June 7th.  They charge $1.50 a pound (which is a total bargain when you consider the amazing taste, the experience, and how many berries your children will eat while picking... and last year the kids got containers to fill for free as well!!!)  This is not to be missed.  Check their website for more info (under the daily update) for the times they are open for picking.  Then go and enjoy.  Last year we were spoiled by the flavor and the store bought strawberries just didn't measure up anymore.  I plan lots of trips and lots of red stained clothes and smiles.
I love summer!

1 comment: