Friday, April 23, 2010

Fishy Diapers!

Okay, I have never been a big fan of cloth diapers.  I have nothing against them and am thrilled with the movement, but it has never been something I have considered using myself.  Just the thought of all of the extra laundry, the rinsing, etc.  Ugh.  No way. Not for me.
Until one fateful day when my husband and I stopped in a Minnesota Costco.  There one display were cloth diapers.  I have a friend who is pregnant and insists on everything natural, so I thought I would check these out.  My husband was even more skeptical than I...  but about 5 aisles later he asked how  much we spend on diapers each month.  Then he whipped out his cell phone, did some quick calculations and we were walking back to the cloth diaper table.
We are now the proud owner of 6 cloth diapers: brown, green, blue, green patterned, white and blue striped and of course, fishies!  While I am still not totally sold on the practicality of using these for a potty training toddler, my son loves them.  He is ecstatic about picking out the diaper each morning.  Though this does not prevent him from pooing in it.  I suppose if Thomas and Lightening McQueen didn't warrant a trip to the potty, fishy diapers won't either.
Anyway, they seem to work fairly well.  They come with liners to catch most of the solid waste (totally flushable) and we bought two waterproof bags for trips out.  While I am hoping the potty training finishes quickly so I don't need to use them much longer, I am curious to see how I like them with the new baby.
The brand we bought were Cutey Baby Diapers.  If they come out with a pull-up version, I'll be the first in line to try them!

1 comment:

  1. I cloth diapered my first! I thought it was great, but the laundry is a lot of work, that is for sure! And I didn't have luck with my son is cloth for potty training -- that when I switched to disposables. I went through this lady: http://www.nickisdiapers.com/ -- She. Was. Awesome. Very helpful & reasonably priced!

    ReplyDelete