Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Greatest Toy Ever take 2

Wow.  I still can't believe how much my kiddos love magna tiles!  We celebrated my youngest's second birthday over the weekend.  He received a few toys and was interested in them only until he unwrapped a box of magna tiles.  He then went insane!  He tried to bite open the box because he wanted to play with them.  There was hopping up and down and a chorus of "magna tiles!" from all three kids!  They then proceeded to play with them the rest of our stay.
As I was working from home this morning, I could hear my boys playing with the magna tiles in the living room.  Ben was telling Gabe, "one for gabe, one more me.  one for gabe, dis one for me.  an dis one for me... an dis one for me.  dis one for gabe, etc."  It was so cute.  They played well together for over an hour.  they then proceeded to play with the magna tile car set and built cars that they raced around the living room.
Have I mentioned that I love these toys?!?  They are super easy to clean up, store compactly and provide hours of entertainment... even for the adults of the household!  In fact, my daughter is putting her beloved kitchen set on craigslist in hopes of earning enough to buy this set of magna tiles.















She also hopes to eventually buy these













The translucent ones are ideal for "glass" windows and roofs as well as stained glass for the cathedrals my husband builds.  Plus, they are cool to look through!

So, if you are looking for the perfect gift to provide hours of entertainment, a way to learn colors, shapes and architecture, buy these!  We have yet to meet a child who doesn't go home asking his/her parents to buy a set.

No comments:

Post a Comment