Saturday, April 3, 2010

To Cram or not to Cram

I've finally decided to take the plunge.  I'm going for my personal trainer certification through ACE at the end of the month.  I do not study well, in fact, I normally don't study, preferring rather to simply "wing" it.  I had hoped that I could do the same for this exam.  Upon taking a 30 question practice exam, however, I realized that is not going to be possible.  I need to learn a crazy amount of random anatomy information to pass this test!  So, the question is, how much time should I allot?  I would love to take the test on the 21st.  (Need to schedule it at least 15 days in advance, so my deadline is rapidly approaching.)
The ACE site recommends 6 months or more of studying.  I found a site that sold me a 9 day intensive course with practice exams.  Can I do it?  I think I'm going to try!
That said, assuming I pass, I can start personal training or small group classes in May!!!  That means the next big hurdle will be finding a way to make all of my investment worth it before I deliver in October!
Any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment