Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Magic Mommy Hands

It is not uncommon now for one of my kids to run up to me, put their hand on my belly and cover it with one of my hands.  They are fascinated with feeling their baby sister kick.  And at such an early age, they have realized that they need a little help to feel her...
There are those rare moments when baby will surprise them with a kick when they hug me or rest their head on my belly.  And even rarer, when one of them will exclaim "mom, your belly just jumped!"  More often, though, they seek out the contact and try to will their sister to comply.
A few nights ago, my daughter wanted that bonding moment and asked me to place my hand over hers.  When I asked her why she needed my hand she replied that everyone knows mommies have magic hands and babies can tell when it's mom or someone else.  Apparently, baby won't respond unless my hands are present.  After all, I do have magic mommy hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment