Friday, July 30, 2010

Yummy freebies!

I recently joined an on-line community called Kraft First Taste and was pleasantly surprised to find coupons for free items in my mailbox.  They send these free offers for new products to get feedback from consumers.  After trying them, I just had to fill out a short survey saying if I liked it and would recommend it.  Here's my verdict on the freebies:
Ritz Crackerfuls - We tried the four cheese variety.  The kids loved them.  In fact, I didn't even get to try one!  They are individually wrapped and large.  Think granola bar size.  They were perfect for our car trip up north to visit family.  I definitely recommend these.
Kool-aid Fun Fizz Drink Drops - The concept is pretty cool, you just drop this little alka selzer type tablet in water and watch it fizz into a drink.  Give a quick stir or shake and you're set.  My kids love watching and hearing the tablets dissolve, but are not fans of the taste.  I tried the lemon version (they are only 5 cals) and was unimpressed. I'll stick to my Crystal Light for flavored water drinks.
Kraft 100 Calorie Cheese Bites - We love our cheese. Seriously, if I let him, Ben would eat a pound in a sitting!  Thus, I was very excited to try this product.  Individually wrapped packages of cubed cheese.  What could be easier?  Great idea, but maybe 100 cals is not enough.  The kids and I found it unsatisfying. The cheese itself is good, but you need 1 1/2 packages minimum for a nice snack.  And for the price, they are just not a good deal.
Kraft Homestyle Deluxe Macaroni and Cheese Kit - The idea behind this is that you can have a "quick" mac and cheese that tastes homemade.  Debatable.  It took a lot of effort on my part to make this. As far as convenient, I'd rather start from scratch.  The taste was okay, but not quite my cup of tea.  The kids hated it.  It looks nice and smells good, but is a lot of work for little reward.
DiGiorno Deep Dish Pizza - Wow.  This one was adored by the kids.  So far, they only come in individual sized packs :( and take about 15 minutes to bake in the oven (there is a microwave option, but with only one free coupon, we chose the oven).  The crust was flaky and thicker than most pizzas, the sauce had a great taste to it and the cheese was your standard pizza cheese.  I cut it into tiny wedges for the kids and they thought it was the best snack ever.
Oscar Mayer Deli Fresh Shaved Meats - This is your typical sandwich meat.  We chose one of the ham varieties (sorry folks, I'm preggos so this was all for my hubby and I don't remember which one we bought). According to Husband, this was great sandwich meat.

I highly recommend this program.  The enrollment process will take a few minutes because there are some surveys to complete, but getting all of the above for free was pretty awesome.  They are also affiliated with House Party, to which I also belong and will be hosting my first party in a few weeks!
I'll let you know how it goes...

No comments:

Post a Comment