Saturday, March 27, 2010

The Greatest Toy Ever!

I tend to be a minimalist when it comes to toys.  They create clutter, are rarely played with and are easily broken.  Recently we went through and donated quite a few of our toys.  The kids now have a "reasonable" amount. The number one played with toy? Magna-Tiles.  Seriously.  They received them for Christmas and have played with them every single day since.  If we bring them to play dates, this is the toy that captivates their young minds. 

I have been astounded by how well my 3 kids play with these and the creativity and dexterity they demonstrate.  My nearly 2 year old has made some pretty incredible structures for his age (usually included hidden cars in the rooms of his creations) and my 7 year old makes complex structures.  Magna-Tiles are a great toy to allow kids to use their creativity and imagination while learning.  We've talked about
everything from floor plans to different shapes and how to manipulate them into the shape you need.

There are 2 different kids you can buy - an opaque set and a translucent set.  We have the opaque set.  At a recent play date, another mom brought her translucent set.  The kids immediately started creating buildings with windows and "glass" roofs.  Thus, a translucent set is on the top of my kids want list.

Check out these amazing toys!  You won't be disappointed.  Oh - and did I mention that they are super easy to clean up and the kids have fun stacking them to put them away?


Their car set is pretty awesome to and occupies my boys quite well!

1 comment: