Friday, March 26, 2010

Just enjoy the ride

Okay, so I get annoyed pretty easily.  Lately, I've found myself particularly annoyed by the speed bumps in my neighborhood.  I know, I know, they are a good thing and slow down drivers in a neighborhood with lots of kids, etc.  However, you really have to slow down to avoid the bump bump feeling - generally unpleasant when pregnant.  Anyway, since spring has officially arrived and the sun is out, I've become determined to unleash my inner optimist.  In my first attempt to find the silver lining, as it were, I chose to stop my nearly 2 year old from his screaming in the back seat by telling him about the bump.  "Get ready, oh, here it comes.  WOOOOHHHHH"  This immediately stopped the crying and brought the response of "'gain momma."  Did you know that the faster you are going when you hit those babies, the harder the kid in the back seat laughs.  I ended up driving around the block so we could hit more.  The chorus of laughter and "'gain" or "'nother one" was sweet music to my ears.  Though I do not recommend speeding up before speed bumps on a regular basis - can't be good for your car - the occasional roller coaster simulation is thrilling.  I will never look at them the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment