Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Pregnancy Essential

I'm feeling extremely pregnant today.  Funny how that is possible at only 8 weeks!  Then again, it is my fourth child.  Between the exhaustion and nausea, I have been amazed at how quickly I have outgrown my normal clothing. At the same time, I am not yet ready for maternity clothes.  In comes the belly band.
I first heard about these with my last pregnancy.  They claim to allow you to wear your non-maternity clothing longer and look stylish at the same time.  Yet at $17 bucks a pop, I passed them by.  This time, however, I ordered the Be Band on Target.com without hesitation.  Fortunately it was even 25% off!
The verdict - wow!  I don't know how long into the pregnancy I will be able to wear it, but it is great.  I have converted my favorite jeans into pull ups!  Crazy.  The only drawback is that after wrestling with the kiddos, it can slide, revealing a pouch in the butt area.  Easily fixed, but at times annoying to be readjusting the band throughout the day.  I look forward to using it postpartum when I dread the thought of maternity clothes, but cannot yet wear my normal clothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment