Saturday, February 27, 2010

Broken Florentine Lasagna Bake

This is a great recipe from Rachael Ray.  Click here: http://www.rachaelrayshow.com/food/recipes/broken-florentine-lasagna-bake/
My kiddos do not like this one.  In fact, they sort of hate it.  That said, my hubby is not a fan of spinach and tolerates it, but does not love it like I do.  I could eat the whole thing!  Absolutely delicious!
 Now, you may be like me and wonder what in the world Swiss Chard is...  It is a very tart/bitter green.  Fortunately, rather inexpensive and a great balance to the cream of the lasagna.  If you have never used it, I recommend clicking here http://localfoods.about.com/od/preparationtips/ss/howtostemchard_2.htm to watch a video showing how to clean and cut it.  It can be a very sandy veggie.
I love making this in a cast iron skillet because it adds iron and transfers well to the oven.
It will take a lot of patience to wilt all of the greens in, but it is worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment