Saturday, February 27, 2010

Vegetable Ragout

This recipe is from Self Magazine.  Click here to view: http://www.self.com/fooddiet/recipes/2004/09/vegetable-ragout

Believe it or not, there was a time when I scrutinized every calorie I ate in an effort to lose weight.  During that time I tried a lot of Self's recipes... and found very few that made it to the "box." For some reason most of the "healthy" recipes I found were also tasteless, dry, disgusting and unfilling disasters sending me running straight to my Edy's frozen yogurt.  Not that that is necessarily a bad thing, have you tasted Edy's frozen yogurt?  Try the honey one... ooh, or the cappuccino, or the tart mango - add blueberries, or even the plain vanilla...  mmmmmmmm  ice cream.....  and oddly pickles sound very good right now.  I currently go through quite a bit of both!  Anyway, I digress.  This recipe is definitely worth a taste.  Self recommends that you serve it over rice or couscous.  I don't .  I serve it as a soup with freshly grated parmesan cheese and artisan bread.  I also use whatever veggies I have on hand, not always the veggies they recommend.  Either way this is yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment