Saturday, February 27, 2010

Honey-Mustard Pork Roast with Bacon

I found this on the Food Network  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/honey-mustard-pork-roast-with-bacon-recipe/index.html

After saving this recipe for months, waiting for pork loins to become affordable, Sentry finally had a deal I couldn't pass up.  $3 (after coupons) for my boneless roast.
I purchased fresh organic rosemary for the first time ever.  I patiently waited for my children to leave the house with my hubby and began to slave away.  With as much as I had built up this recipe, it was going to be perfect.  I followed the recipe to a tee and smelled the amazing aromas.  Adding homemade dirty mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli, this meal looked and smelled delicious.  Unfortunately, the taste did not sit well with my pregnant body.  Though I was not a fan of this meal, Dan assures me it was delicious and has requested it in the future.  I enjoyed it the next day smothered in ketchup (the craving that night), but cannot attest to the taste on that first night.  If you are looking for a meal to impress, this seems to be it, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment