Saturday, February 27, 2010

Great Banana Cake

This is one more delicious morning treat!  I like to bake this in a bundt pan and dust with powdered sugar when serving.  As a note, I have tried this with the addition of chocolate chips, and my kids hated it.  (They usually like chocolate chips in anything).  I do not recommend adding them.  I think I found this recipe on allrecipes but it has been a while.

1 c mashed bananas
1 c sour cream
1 tsp vanilla
2 c flour
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 c butter
1 1/3 c sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease and flour a baking pan or bundt pan.
2. Combine banana and sour cream.  Set aside.  In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs one at a time.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.  Add to egg/butter mixture. Stir in the vanilla and banana mixture. Spread batter into prepared pan.
4. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.  DO NOT UNDERBAKE.  This is already a very moist cake.
Cool on a wire rack and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment